Water is a Vital Resource and the Lifeblood of Manufacturing
Water plays a crucial role in many industrial processes, and it is often referred to as the “lifeblood” of manufacturing because it is essential to keep the process running smoothly.
However, it is also important to note that water usage in manufacturing can have negative environmental impacts, such as water pollution, depletion of water resources, and increased greenhouse gas emissions. Therefore, manufacturers must use water efficiently and implement sustainable practices to minimize their environmental footprint. This can include using recycled water, treating wastewater, and reducing water usage through process optimization and equipment upgrades.
Flow rates through the tool change over time. Scaling on a water channel can reduce the cooling efficiency significantly or even block channels.
Did you know…? .030” of scale built up in a flow channel can reduce heat exchange efficiency by more than 30%. Monitoring flow throughout the system allows for cycle optimization and has a significant impact on your bottom line.
Water is a vital resource for many manufacturing processes. It is used for various purposes, such as cooling, cleaning, and as a solvent or a transport medium for raw materials and finished products. In many cases, the quality of water used in manufacturing processes can significantly impact the final product’s quality.
Smartflow offers an advanced fluid management system using advanced technology to provide real-time monitoring and predictive maintenance capabilities, making it more efficient, reliable, and safe.
Smartflow offers much more than manifolds for fluid management:
- Real-time Monitoring: Smartflow provides real-time monitoring of fluid flow and pressure, enabling operators to detect problems before they become critical. With Smartflow, you can also expand beyond the manifold to monitor the system’s performance in real time and adjust as necessary, ensuring the system is continuously operating optimally.
- Predictive Maintenance: Smartflow can predict when maintenance is needed and alert operators before issues arise. By identifying potential problems before they become critical, Smartflow can prevent downtime, reduce maintenance costs, and extend the system’s life.
- Flexibility: Smartflow offers more flexibility beyond the manifolds. With Smartflow, you can adjust fluid flow and pressure as needed, ensuring the system is continually optimized for the task. Smartflow can also be integrated with other systems, providing even more flexibility.
- Efficiency: With real-time monitoring and predictive maintenance, Smartflow can optimize fluid flow and pressure, reducing waste and saving energy. This means you can save money on energy costs while reducing your environmental footprint.
- SMED Friendly: By storing molds with water circuits pre-plumbed to the manifold, only one hookup for supply or return is needed, saving time, saving money, and impro
Size and Flow Matters
Mold cooling can represent up to 80% of a molding cycle, and yet mold cooling is often totally underestimated or even an afterthought!
Often a manifold is not a technical choice but a purchasing decision based on convenience, regardless of whether the size and configuration suit the task. Yet, if the manifold is specified incorrectly, it’s the last place most people will suspect and look to solve their processing issues, so why not do it right from the get-go?
Smartflow makes it simple, offering FREE online services so you can size and configure your manifolds to meet your process requirements.